PINES Wheat Grass Corn Bread Stuffing - A Nutritional Supplement for Your Holiday Feast
The holiday season is a time for indulgence and celebration. But what if you could enjoy a delicious stuffing that not only satisfies your taste buds but also provides a nutritional boost? Enter PINES Wheat Grass Corn Bread Stuffing, a unique twist on the classic holiday dish that combines the rich flavors of cornbread, dried fruit, and pecans with the incredible health benefits of wheatgrass. In this article, we will explore the nutritional benefits of PINES Wheat Grass Corn Bread Stuffing, why it is a great alternative to traditional stuffing, and how you can incorporate it into your holiday feast.
Table of Contents
- What is Wheat Grass?
- Nutritional Profile of PINES Wheat Grass Corn Bread Stuffing
- PINES Wheat Grass Corn Bread Stuffing – A Veggie Alternative
- How to Make PINES Wheat Grass Corn Bread Stuffing
- PINES Wheat Grass Corn Bread Stuffing – An Immunity Booster
What is Wheat Grass?
Wheatgrass is the young grass of the wheat plant, scientifically known as Triticum aestivum. It is packed with essential nutrients and has been recognized for its numerous health benefits. From vitamins and minerals to antioxidants and enzymes, wheatgrass is a true nutritional powerhouse.
Nutritional Profile of PINES Wheat Grass Corn Bread Stuffing
PINES Wheat Grass Corn Bread Stuffing combines the goodness of wheatgrass with other wholesome ingredients to create a nutritious and flavorful dish. Let's take a closer look at the key ingredients and their nutritional benefits:
Cornbread serves as the base for this delectable stuffing. It provides a hearty and satisfying texture while adding a touch of sweetness. Cornbread is a good source of fiber, essential for a healthy digestive system, and also contains important vitamins and minerals like vitamin B6, iron, and magnesium.
The addition of mixed dried fruit, such as tart cherries, cranberries, or apricots, adds a burst of flavor and natural sweetness to the stuffing. Dried fruit is rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, making it a great source of essential nutrients.
Pecans not only contribute a delightful crunch to the stuffing but also offer a range of health benefits. They are a rich source of healthy fats, fiber, and antioxidants, which help to promote heart health and reduce inflammation in the body.
Turkey sausage adds a savory element to the stuffing and is a leaner alternative to traditional pork sausage. It is a good source of protein and contains less fat and cholesterol, making it a healthier choice.
Leeks & Celery
Leeks and celery not only add a nice balance of flavors but also provide essential vitamins and minerals. They are low in calories and high in fiber, making them a great addition to any healthy meal.
PINES Wheat Grass Powder
The star ingredient of this stuffing is the PINES Wheat Grass Powder. It is an organic form of wheatgrass that retains all the nutritional goodness of fresh wheatgrass. Wheatgrass is known for its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties. It is also a rich source of vitamins A, C, and E, as well as minerals like iron, calcium, and magnesium.
How to Make PINES Wheat Grass Corn Bread Stuffing
Now that you understand the benefits of barley grass and matcha, it's time to try out the recipe for Barley Grass Matcha Muffins. Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter for buttering pan
- 1/3 cup mixed dried fruit, such as tart cherries, cranberries, or apricots
- 8 cups cornbread, homemade or store-bought, chopped into cubes
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound turkey sausage, casings removed
- 3 leeks, cleaned and white part chopped
- 5 celery stalks, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sa
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 3 cups regular or low-sodium chicken broth, divided (Vegetable Broth is fine to substitute)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons PINES Wheat Grass Powder
- Preheat the oven to 400° and butter a 2-qt. baking dish.
- Spray a cookie sheet or low-rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and toast cornbread cubes until crispy brown, about 10 minutes. Cool cornbread and place in a large bowl.
- Toast pecans in your toaster oven or in the oven at 325° for 10 minutes. Let cool, chop, and add to cornbread mixture.
- Soak dried fruit in ½ cup hot water for 10 minutes, reserve water, and add hydrated fruit to the bowl.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook turkey sausage, breaking into small pieces with a spoon, until browned and cooked through, approximately 10-12 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with a slotted spoon.
- Add leeks and celery to the skillet, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring often, until leeks are golden brown and soft, about 10–12 minutes. Add garlic and sage; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer to the bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook reserved cherry soaking liquid in skillet, scraping up any browned bits, until almost all evaporated, about 1 minute. Add ½ cup butter; cook, stirring, until melted. Drizzle over the bread mixture.
- Whisk egg substitute and 2 cups of stock in a medium bowl; pour over the cornbread mixture. Thoroughly stir in the PINES Wheat Grass Powder and parsley. Add salt and pepper, and gently toss. If the stuffing is too dry, add additional stock and reserved fruit water, a little at a time, being careful not to overmix and break down the cornbread.
- Gently spoon the cornbread mixture into the prepared baking dish, and drizzle with olive oil. Cover with foil and bake for about 30–35 minutes. Remove the foil and increase the heat to 400°. Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes.
- Let the stuffing sit for 10 minutes before serving.
PINES Wheat Grass Corn Bread Stuffing – A Veggie Alternative
In addition to its nutritional benefits, PINES Wheat Grass Corn Bread Stuffing also offers a great alternative for vegetarians. The combination of cornbread, dried fruit, pecans, and wheatgrass powder creates a flavorful and satisfying stuffing that can be enjoyed as a standalone dish or as a side for your vegetarian holiday feast. It provides a good balance of protein, fiber, and essential nutrients, making it a wholesome choice for vegetarians.
PINES Wheat Grass Corn Bread Stuffing – An Immunity Booster
In addition to its nutritional benefits, PINES Wheat Grass Corn Bread Stuffing also contains wheatgrass, which is known for its potential immune-boosting properties. Wheatgrass is rich in vitamins A, C, and E, which play an important role in supporting a healthy immune system. By incorporating PINES Wheat Grass Corn Bread Stuffing into your holiday feast, you can give your immune system a natural boost while enjoying a delicious and nutritious dish.
This holiday season, elevate your feast with the power of PINES Wheat Grass Corn Bread Stuffing. Not only is it a flavorful and wholesome alternative to traditional stuffing, but it is also packed with essential nutrients and the incredible health benefits of wheatgrass. Whether you're a meat-eater or a vegetarian, PINES Wheat Grass Corn Bread Stuffing is a nutritional supplement that will leave you feeling satisfied and nourished. So, go ahead and give this recipe a try, and let your holiday feast be a celebration of both taste and health!"Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food." - Hippocrates