Low-Carb, High Satisfaction Holiday Cookies with PINES Superfoods
'Tis the season for festive treats and joyful indulgence! But who says holiday baking can't be both delicious and nutritious? This year, let's take a twist on traditional Holiday cookies and infuse them with the power of anti-inflammatory foods. These easy-to-make cookies not only satisfy your sweet tooth but also provide a boost to your immune system. By incorporating ingredients like coconut oil, almond flour, and Pines Superfoods, we can create a guilt-free holiday treat that promotes overall well-being. So, put on your apron and get ready to bake some healthy and delicious holiday cookies!
Table of Contents
- Why Choose Anti-Inflammatory Foods for Holiday Cookies?
- The Health Benefits of Anti-Inflammatory Holiday Cookies
- How to Make PINES Holiday Cookies
- Enjoy the Holidays and these Immunity Boosting Cookies
Why Choose Anti-Inflammatory Foods for Holiday Cookies?
Inflammation is a natural response of our body's immune system to injury or infection. However, chronic inflammation can lead to various health issues, including heart disease, diabetes, and autoimmune conditions. That's why it's important to incorporate anti-inflammatory foods into our diet. By choosing ingredients that help reduce inflammation, we can support our overall health while enjoying the holiday spirit.
The Power of Pines Superfoods
Pines Superfoods offers a range of nutrient-dense powders made from organic, whole-food ingredients. In this recipe, we will be using Pines Beet Juice Powder and Pines Alfalfa Powder to give our cookies a vibrant color and an added nutritional punch. These powders are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients, making them an excellent choice for boosting immunity and reducing inflammation.
The Health Benefits of Anti-Inflammatory Holiday Cookies
By choosing anti-inflammatory ingredients like coconut oil, almond flour, and Pines Superfoods, these holiday cookies offer more than just a delicious taste. Let's take a closer look at the health benefits of these immunity-boosting treats:
Coconut oil is rich in medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), which have been shown to have anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting properties. MCTs are easily digested and provide a quick source of energy. Additionally, coconut oil contains lauric acid, a compound known for its antimicrobial and antiviral properties.
Almond flour is a great alternative to traditional wheat flour for those following a low-carb or gluten-free diet. It is rich in healthy fats, fiber, and vitamin E, which acts as an antioxidant and helps reduce inflammation. Almond flour also provides a nutty flavor and a delicate texture to our cookies.
PINES Beet Juice Powder
Beets are known for their vibrant color and high levels of antioxidants. Pines Beet Juice Powder is made from fresh, organic beets and retains all the nutritional benefits of the vegetable. Beet juice has been shown to enhance exercise performance, lower blood pressure, and reduce inflammation.
PINES Alfalfa Powder
Alfalfa is often referred to as the "father of all foods" due to its high nutrient content. Pines Alfalfa Powder is made from young, tender alfalfa plants and contains a wide range of vitamins, minerals, and enzymes. Alfalfa has been used for centuries to support overall health and reduce inflammation.
How to Make PINES Holiday Cookies
Here's a list of the ingredients you'll need to make these delicious and healthy Holiday cookies:
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup sugar (you can use a healthier alternative like coconut sugar or stevia)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tsp Pines Beet Juice Powder
- 3 tsp Pines Alfalfa Powder
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (for a festive touch)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Chopped pistachios
- Dried cranberries
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper to prevent the cookies from sticking.
- In a mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to beat together the coconut oil and sugar until they become fluffy and well combined. This will create a creamy base for our cookies.
- Next, add the vanilla extract, almond flour, and coconut flour to the bowl. Mix everything together until the ingredients are well combined, forming a thick dough. These low-carb flours are excellent alternatives to traditional all-purpose flour, providing a healthier option for your cookies.
- To add a nutritional boost and vibrant colors to our cookies, divide the dough into two halves. To one half, add 5 tsp of Pines Beet Juice Powder, and to the other half, add 3 tsp of Pines Alfalfa Powder. Mix each portion until the powders are evenly distributed.
- Take small portions of each colored dough and scoop them onto the prepared cookie sheet. Flatten each cookie to about 1/3 inch thickness using the back of a spoon or your palm. This will ensure even baking and a uniform texture.
- Place the cookie sheet in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies turn golden brown. Keep an eye on them to prevent over-baking.
- For an extra touch of indulgence, melt 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips and 2 tbsp of coconut oil in a double boiler. Once melted, dip each cookie halfway into the chocolate mixture and place them on a cooling rack. This will create a decadent white chocolate coating that pairs perfectly with the flavors of the cookies.
- Before the chocolate sets, sprinkle chopped pistachios and dried cranberries on top of the cookies. This adds a festive touch and additional flavor to our holiday treats.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before serving. Once cooled, you can store them in an airtight container for up to one week. These cookies make a perfect gift or a delightful treat to enjoy with a cup of hot cocoa during the holiday season.
Enjoy the Holidays and these Immunity Boosting Cookies
This holiday season, let's indulge in delicious holiday cookies that not only satisfy our taste buds but also support our overall well-being. By incorporating anti-inflammatory ingredients like coconut oil, almond flour, and PINES Superfoods, we can create easy immunity-boosting treats that promote a healthy and happy holiday season. So, gather your ingredients, preheat your oven, and let the baking begin. We hope you have wonderful holidays, and happy baking!