Tahini Tofu Lettuce Cups
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 14 oz. Tofu, Extra Firm
- Bibb lettuce leaves, washed and dried thoroughly
- Spicy tahini sauce (recipe follows!)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Drain tofu and press between two heavy pans with several layers of paper towels to absorb moisture. Toss tofu with salt and pepper and olive oil and bake on a baking sheet for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove from oven and let cool.
Meanwhile wash and dry the lettuce, removing single leaves to a plate. Make the Spicy Tahini Sauce in a blender or food processor, adding all ingredients and blending until smooth; add enough water to create the desired consistency.
Arrange diced vegetables on the lettuce cups with the tofu and drizzle with Spicy tahini sauce. Enjoy!
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Spicy Tahini Sauce
- ½ cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons Pines WheatGrass or Barley Grass powder
- ¼ lemon juice
- ¼ cup warm water (add more 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency)
Toss all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend till smooth, adding extra water to reach desired consistency.