Beet Pancake Stack with Blackberries
We’re back with more beets for breakfast! Who has time to roast and peel beets for a breakfast dish? Our recipe uses Pines Beet Juice Powder to speed these hotcakes to the table. Watch how fast they’ll disappear.
- 2 tablespoons Pines Beet Juice Powder
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal (or 2 eggs)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla powder (If substituting 1 tsp. vanilla extract, add it to the wet ingredients)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or whatever milk you desire)
- 2 tbsp honey (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or oil of choice)
- Butter (vegan or traditional)
- Blackberries or another fruit topping
Whisk together flaxseed meal with 6 tbsp of warm water in a small bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes. (If you’re using eggs, skip this step and use 2 eggs.)
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, vanilla powder, and salt. Whisk dry ingredients until smooth. In a blender, combine the almond milk, agave, and Pines Beet Juice Powder until smooth. Slowly pour the beet liquid into the bowl of dry ingredients. Add the flax/egg and gently mix until smooth.
Place a cast iron griddle or large non-stick skillet over medium heat and melt 1 tbsp of coconut oil. Drop ¼ cup of batter onto hot griddle until batter starts to bubble, a few minutes. Flip pancakes and cook until cooked through. Top your Beet Pancakes with butter, syrup, blackberries or other yummy fruit spread. Enjoy!