• ¼ cup unsalted butter for buttering pan
• ⅓ cup mixed dried fruit, such as tart cherries, cranberries or apricots
• 8 cups cornbread, homemade or store-bought, chopped into cubes
• ½ cup pecans
• ¼ cup olive oil
• 1 pound turkey sausage, casings removed
• 3 leeks, cleaned and white part chopped
• 5 celery stalks, chopped
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage
• ½ cup egg substitute
• 3 cups regular or low-sodium chicken broth, divided (Vegetable Broth is fine to substitute)
• ⅓ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
• 2 teaspoons Pines Wheat Grass Powder
Preheat oven to 400°. Butter a 2-qt. baking dish and set aside. Spray a cookie sheet or low-rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and toast cornbread cubes till crispy brown, about 10 minutes. Cool cornbread and place in a large bowl. Toast pecans in your toaster oven or in the oven on 325° for 10 minutes. Let cool, chop, and add to cornbread mixture. Soak dried fruit in ½ cup hot water for 10 minutes, reserve water and add hydrated fruit to bowl.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Cook turkey sausage, breaking into small pieces with a spoon, until browned and cooked through, 10-12 minutes. Transfer to bowl with a slotted spoon.
Add leeks and celery to skillet, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring often, until leeks are golden brown and soft, 10–12 minutes. Add garlic and sage; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer to bowl.
Reduce heat to medium and cook reserved cherry soaking liquid in skillet, scraping up any browned bits, until almost all evaporated, about 1 minute. Add ½ cup butter; cook, stirring, until melted. Drizzle over bread mixture.
Whisk egg substitute and 2 cups stock in a medium bowl; pour over cornbread mixture. Thoroughly stir in wheatgrass and parsley and add salt and pepper, and gently toss. If stuffing is too dry, add additional stock, and reserved fruit water, a little at a time, being careful not to overmix and break down the cornbread. Gently spoon the cornbread mixture into the prepared baking dish, and drizzle with olive oil. Cover with foil and bake about 30–35 minutes. Remove foil and increase heat to 400°. Bake until an additional 20-25 minutes. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
DO AHEAD: Stuffing can be assembled 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
Adapted from https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/cornbread-chorizo-cherry-and-pecan-stuffing