• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 large onion, diced
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoons of cumin
• 1 teaspoon oregano
• 1 tablespoon chili powder
• ¼ teaspoons of chili flakes (add more to taste)
• 2 carrots, diced
• 3 stalks of celery, diced
• 2 – 28oz cans of diced tomatoes and their juice
• 1¼ teaspoon Pines Wheat Grass
• 1 can of beans, drained and rinsed (pinto or kidney)
• 1 lb. ground turkey
• Kosher Salt to taste
Optional toppings: salsa, diced avocados, jalapenos or sweet peppers, green onions or sour cream, cheddar cheese, cilantro.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil and sauté ground turkey in a pot till it’s cook thoroughly. Remove to a plate and set aside.
Heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until they are soft and translucent. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute more. Add spices and cook stirring for about 30 seconds.
Sauté carrots, and celery and cook until tender, adding a pinch of salt as you stir. Add tomatoes and wheatgrass and simmer, turning to medium-low, or even low if you see it starts to boil. Cook for another 20 minutes with the lid off, stirring occasionally. Add cooked turkey and beans and return to a low simmer, cooking for another 5-10 minutes.
Serve with your favorite toppings and cornbread. You now have a complete meal in a bowl. Enjoy!