Makes 12 mini cakes or 1 big cake)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
4 teaspoon pumpkin spice
1/2 cup canola oil
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 roasted pecan (chopped)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
1/4 cup real maple syrup
1/2 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup whole milk
1 tbsp Pines Beet Juice Powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
cinnamon sticks, roasted pecans, for decorating
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pecan and
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the oil, brown sugar, vanilla, eggs, and
pumpkin puree until combined. Gradually add the dry ingredients until smooth.
4. Transfer the batter to a baking pan, filling it 2/3 the way full, bake for 25-30 minutes.
Take the cake out and let it cool for 5 minutes before removing the mold. Then remove
the mold and invert the cake onto a cooling rack.
5. To make the glaze. In a In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the maple syrup,
cream cheese, milk, beet juice powder and vanilla until well combined and no lumps.