Christmas Tree Bread
- 2 cups bread flour
- 5 tsp Pines Alfalfa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1.5 tbsp butter (room temperature)
- 3 tbsp coconut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp sugar
1. Mix the bread ingredients together in a mixer except the butter. Mix at low
speed (2~3) for 10 minutes until the dough becomes smooth. Add butter, mix
at high speed (6~7) for 15 minutes until the dough can be easily stretched out
2. Put the dough in a large bow and cover the bowl with plastic wrap, let is rest for
2 hours until the dough rises to its double size.
3. In the mean time, make the filling by mixing all the ingredients together.
4. Take the dough out on a flat surface, use your hands to
punch down the bread.
5. Cut the dough into 3 small dough. Then divide each small
dough equally into 2 pieces (In total, 6 pieces). Cover
with plastic wrap and let it rest for 20 minutes.
6. Take 2 pieces dough, and shape them into 2 triangles. Take one triangle dough,
roll out the dough away to a flat triangle. Do the same to the other dough (try to
make them the same size).
7. Spread the coconut filling onto one flat triangle surface. Put another triangle
piece on top. Cut the dough into a tree shape. Cut the
edge to strips.
8. Take one edge from the bottom and twist. Do the same to
the other 4 pieces dough. Cover the tress with plastic
wrap, rest for 30 minutes.
9. Bake at 320 F for 30 minutes.